Search This Site

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Review-The Who's Tommy (Gallery Players)

The Neighborbee review by Karen Tortora-Lee.

I don’t think I took a breath for a full five minutes as I watched the first scene of The Gallery Player's production of The Who's Tommy (original book, music and lyrics by Pete Townshend). I’m not kidding, I literally sat there, stunned … amazed really, at what I was seeing, hearing … feeling. Between the orchestra booming out the amazing score, the lighting (designed by Chris Walsh) which convincingly transformed Michael Kramer’s set into a hatch through which men parachuted down to uncertainty, and the wonderful projection screens that held images of war, destruction, and carnage … well it was all I could do to blink. No doubt about it, Tommy starts with the velocity of a pinball released from the chute … and is the definition of breathtaking. READ MORE AT NEIGHBORBEE

No comments: